Saturday 9 April 2016

THE MAN WHO ENDED AUSTRALIAN GUN MASSACRES


I am so tired of the stupidity displayed by Howard worshipers and people who believe his ban on semi-automatic firearms ended massacres in Australian.

I am so tired I am moved to explain again, in very-very simple terms, why such people are simpletons.

Yes, simpletons...or perhaps sheep...maybe fungus. 

Perhaps some very simple facts can help these people understand that far from their convictions marking them out as responsible enlightened folk, they actually prove they have not bothered to fire so much as a single synapse in consideration of the sheer lunacy of the proposition.

But first, in the interests of transparency regarding presumed conflicts of interest, I declare the following:

I currently have in my possession, an abundance of fucks, none of which would I give if I never saw, owned or used semi-automatic “military style” firearms again. And there you have the operative word, “again”, because I have in fact owned semi-automatics, I have used them and I am therefore qualified for commentary on their capacities.

The overwhelming majority of people who think banning semi-automatic rifles (et al) ended Australian massacres, are in the opposite camp. They don’t own semi-autos, they have never used them and they are therefore completely unqualified to speak about them.

Next it is important to illuminate the simpletonry as to the definition of a ‘massacre’. This is not without its problems, because the definition can be, and often is, a bit flexible when it suits people to deceive.

Sticking strictly to the components of the definition no one will argue with, a massacre is defined as any single murder episode that:

  • claims four (4) or more lives
  • targets strangers at random

In short, 4 lives taken at random qualifies for massacre status. The government accepts this, the media accepts this and the weapon used is completely irrelevant.

However, if a person knows his/her victims, as was the case when Cairns woman Raina Mersane Ina Thaiday stabbed to death eight (8) children ranging in age from 18 months to 14 years, the event will not be classified as a massacre because the children were hers, though one was a niece.

Because Thaiday was related to the children, the murders are considered a case of domestic homicide and the episode will not enter the history books as a massacre. 

The Wikipedia, for instance, refers to it as the “Cairns Child Killings”.

There have been many events since the 1996 Port Arthur ‘massacre’ that any sane individual would view as a ‘massacre’ under the dictionary definition.

However, because the Australian government, Police, the Greens and Gun Control Australia do not embrace other definitions, they have been able to claim there have been no massacres since 1996.

That is how the ‘massacre’ definition is manipulated so’s to appear to produce the miracle of two decades of peace.

This is not my opinion. It is simple fact.

Now for those who’ve not been so dizzied by these simple facts they’ve gone for a little lie down, I have 3 more facts to share about firearms.

These facts will not be contested by the anti-firearms lobby. In fact they embraced and used them repeatedly in their recent campaigns to ban the Adler shotgun.
  • There are more firearms in the community today than there were in 1996 when Howard imposed his buyback of repeating firearms.
  • Semi-automatic firearms, such as those banned by Howard, can fire at the rate of approximately 1 shot per second.
  • The guns Howard didn’t ban, which have been in the community and available for purchase for the past two massacre-free decades, can fire at the rate of one shot every 1.5 to 2 seconds. 

So there you have all the pertinent facts required by the average intelligence to give the following question a little objective consideration. No gobbledygook, no misdirection, no pro or anti gun rhetoric, just basic unbiased facts.

Armed with those facts, there is a question objective thinking people who choose to have a voice in the firearms debate are obligated to to consider.

There are more firearms in the community today than there were in 1996 and all of them can shoot bullets just half a second slower than the firearms Howard banned in 1996. 

Is it therefore even vaguely rational to suggest that banning guns that could shoot bullets just one half of one second faster than the ones still in the community, has been an inconvenience so great that angry homicidal psychopaths across the country wake up every morning and say, “Fuck it, I think I’ll go fishing instead”?

Can even the most remedial, nay retarded intelligence believe for a moment that crazed psychopaths sit at home in their camouflage gear and face-paint doing sums to ascertain whether they can kill 4 people in four seconds, only to change their minds upon discovering it will take at least 6 seconds to kill 4 people?

The sort of people who believe that’s what lunatics do, are the same people who believe the world is flat, Kennedy was abducted by aliens and rice milk is obtained by elves who milk grains in paddies, while sat on very small stools.

Thousands and thousands of people do believe it. They are the people who worship John Howard. They are the people you’d not hand a sharp stick to for fear they’d take out an eye.

Worst of all, they are the people who emote their way through life and in doing so, fail to challenge government and agencies to investigate the real factors giving rise to two relatively quiet decades since Port Arthur. 

As such, they are among the people who will be responsible when it happens again.

And it will happen again, because criminals and psychopaths are not hindered by barriers of reason and legality.

Finally, I owe you some explanation for the odd title of this post. The man I refer to is Bill Gates.

Gates’, along with his internet boffin pals, are the unsung heroes whose genuine contribution to the peace we’re all grateful for has never been acknowledged. 

It's a contribution that first manifest in the community at about the same time as the Port Arthur massacre and has contributed far more profoundly to the ensuing peace than anything Howard can claim responsibility for.

If we’ve had no repeat of Port Arthur it is because thanks to computers and the internet, agencies found themselves able to record, store, search and most importantly share information in a heartbeat, in a way never before possible.

It is this interagency sharing of information and the capacity to identify and 'flag' people who should not be in possession of guns, that is largely responsible for the past 20 years of comparative peace.So here's to Bill Gates!  A man who, despite having saved countless lives, does not ponce about the world on the public purse, taking credit for stuff he didn't do.

In closing...if some of you think that lately I’ve been harping a little on the issues covered above, I make no apology. I am harping and I will continue to harp for as long as I am among a very few challenging the public to use their brains rather than their tear ducts when participating in the gun policy debate.

I will harp because unlike David Shoebridge, Samantha Lee and their ilk, I am not a child to be reassured by parental promises there are no nasty monsters under my bed, even though the monsters don’t exist at all.

I want to see Australia develop robust, practical and effective firearms policy that is rational and serviceable and keeps its citizens safe, rather than focusing on abolition and the persecution of the law abiding, simply because it helps infants in the nursery settle at night.


Anyway, I’ll get outyaway now.... 
©gmallard2016 all rights reserved 

Follow the Hunters' Stand on Twitter @Hunters_Stand


If you'd like to share this post the link to cut & paste is http://thehunterstand.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/the-man-who-ended-australian-gun.html

For those wishing to leave comments either anonymously or under their own names (go-orn, I dares ya!), please select the 'Name/URL' option from the drop down menu beneath the comments section at the bottom of this page. You do not need to enter a URL.


If you would like to receive notifications when new posts are uploaded to the Hunters' Stand, send your name and email address to thehunterstand@gmail.com This service will not include notification of new comments. All information provided will be treated with the utmost confidentiality and discretion.




9 comments:

  1. You Sir, will be greatly needed in the future, because common sense is a rare commodity these days and it's disappearing at rate of knots. Always remember Gary that, People who are told what they want to hear, usually do not consider it a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose that it would be of interest to obtain the statistics on licence denials from weapons licencing. That may qualify the NFA or at least licencing. My assumption would be that number would be relatively low and likely due to administrative power trips.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well said Gary, you Sir will be greatly needed in the future as commonsense is a rare commodity now days and getting rarer by the minute. One thing to remember Gary is : People who are told what they want to hear, usually do not regard it a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent post mate, good on ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another brilliant article

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gary,

    I am NOT interested in Guns, but as I have stated before on your site, I whole-heartedly defend my son and other human beings right to ownership of Guns and the right to use them. It has been my experience that Shooters' are a responsible bunch of people, and that this is a challenging sport for them or for sustainability reasons as you do.

    Do we have a KNIFE ownership law? pieces of timber, crow bars, hammers and other 'weapons'.

    HOWARD has NEVER and was NEVER a Leader - he is a sycophant and always was - I remember him in Young Libs and what a nerd! no, that's an insult to Nerds. and ABBOTT genu-flexed every tine he saw Howard - so no wonder we have people with little character & values - except those that feed their egos' manipulate the vote for their benefit, and who think because that they 'WON' - what a joke, that they are clever =, ignoring the fact that the truly talented got out of politics years ago and for good reasons in this 'downer of the Wheel of History turning', and the mess those two have made (besides other mediocre types) - in so many areas other than Gun laws in Australia.

    Trouble is Gary, you are very rational, read common-sense/ read intelligent and think a matter through, your email is not only about Guns, it highlights the 'dumbing down' of Australians' and about WHERE Australia is and has been for some years now, and its not impressive at all!

    I LIVE in Italy and I sent to my son this am, an email (before I received yours today) saying I can hear the popping sound' knowing it would make him angry re guns/Italy/Australia. Italians use guns freely for sporting activities etc. the European shooting Championships - men & women's, are broadcast on (free) TV, and I think what a backward country Oz has become due to very small-minded Egotistical twats like Howard & his Protégés & similar ilk, yet there is none of the reactions to Gun ownership here, I think they would not believe me/laugh out loud. But then this is a very intelligent race of people, and the reason I cannot live in Oz, as I would have Blood Pressure problems & lose my mind, and be bored out of my brain, with the now extremely mediocre levels of functioning in thinking/behaviours in Oz in SO SO many areas of life, which started welk over 30 years ago. People AFTER WATCHING A FEW how to do it TV programs, and briefly referring to Facebook, then think they are well informed and know it all. HELP!

    Gary, you are merely touchijg the tip of an Iceberg with your Hunters Stand.

    I am sorry I am not as eloquent at present as you are but I am recoiering from years of a Medical mess up of my health in Australia, and it was all encompassing. I take my hat of to you for your public stand on this and other issues.

    QUESTION - I wish you ciuld nmake it simpler to leave a response on your site - the present method is not straightforward?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great article, however if the firearms you mention that can shoot at the rate of 1.5 seconds per shot, I assume you mean rifles only, as my STI and CZ semi automatic pistols can fire extremely accurately at the rate of .5 of a second, all 10 shots. My mag changes take some 1.2 seconds, so we, I guess me, are still a threat to the community. Oh! and I have 6 magazines for each. So after the buy back that occurred I handed in my old semi autos with a barrel length of 119mm which became illegal and purchased new STI models with a barrel length of 124mm. My pistols as they use major loads will accurately shoot and hit a target at 100 metres. So I am pleased that we are still allowed our semi auto pistols, and very pleased they are seen as non threatening unlike rifles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very valid point, Susan and one I'd not overlooked. But since I'm hoping to make people think, I thought it best not to get into variables. They are irrelevant, given the public's and the media's preferred them is semi-automatic/military-style riffles. That's the picture they use and the context they debate ion, so I stuck to it for simplicity and clarity's sakes.

      Thanks for the constructive feedback!

      Delete

Your comments are welcome, and dont forget to recommend this post to a friend.

Thanks!